This Slow Cooker Butterscotch Self Saucing Pudding is a lovely winter warming dessert, quick and easy to prepare and comfort food at its best!
I am often asked for different dessert ideas, something for a special occasion or for a family dinner. This one, while it is not flashy or fancy, is absolutely delicious.
Speaking of not flashy, what I have learned is that this is a very hard dessert to make look pretty for the photos! So you are just going to have to trust me on this one and try it anyway, brown does not photograph so well!
My Slow Cooker Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding is super popular, and anything chocolate is definitely a winner when it comes to desserts, but this is such a lovely alternative.
A tasty soft cake base with a beautiful rich silky butterscotch sauce, just begging to be served up with a delicious vanilla ice cream or custard! I have amended the original recipe to give more sauce as I think the sauce is the best bit.
The butterscotch pudding cake base itself is lovely and simple so needs more saucy goodness to lift it up!
You can find more winter warming desserts over on my other site, Just A Mum
The reason I love self saucing puddings in the slow cooker is that you can prepare them quickly then leave them to cook while you prepare dinner, pop them in the late afternoon and set it to be ready once dinner is done – you have dessert ready and a gorgeous smelling house!
You can find my oven version of this dessert over on my other website, it is so easy and takes just 40 minutes in the oven. This recipe here is just as divine using the slow cooker method.
I cook it on HIGH in my slow cooker using every day pantry staples, I think you will love it. It takes between 1 1/2 hours and 2 1/2 hours depending on your slow cooker, how long it takes to heat and of course the size of it.
The pudding is done once the cake part is clearly cooked, so no longer has wet mixture in the centre. It creates a beautiful sauce that everyone will enjoy.
I would love to know in the comments below what your favourite slow cooker desserts are? I will be sharing more of mine over the coming months. If you love this recipe check in to see more desserts over on my Dessert Page
Onto the recipe for my Slow Cooker Butterscotch Self Saucing Pudding – I hope you love it!
- 1 1/4 Cups Self-Raising Flour, 155 grams
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar, 50 grams
- 100g Butter, Melted
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Milk, 125 mls
- 2 Tablespoons Golden Syrup, 30 mls
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar, 150 grams
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Cornflour, 10 grams
- 3 Tablespoons golden syrup, 45 mls
- 2 Cups Boiling Water, 500 mls
- Prepare a slow cooker bowl with cooking spray or butter lightly covering inside surface
- In a medium bowl add the flour and first measure of brown sugar and mix well to combine.
- In a separate small bowl add the melted butter, egg, milk and first measure of golden syrup and whisk until well combined
- Pour these liquids into the flour mixture and combine well
- Spoon this into the base of the prepared slow cooker bowl.
- In a small dish combine the second measure of brown sugar and cornflour and sprinkle this over the top of the base.
- In a medium jug combine the boiling water and golden syrup and whisk well
- Pour this over the top of the entire pudding, cover with the lid .
- Bake on HIGH for 1 1/2 hours to 2 1/2 hours until the base cake is cooked - you can check with fork. It should look cake like and no longer moist on top
- Allow to sit for 20 minutes before serving to allow sauce to thicken slightly.
- Serve with ice cream, cream or custard
You will need to test with your particular slow cooker the first time as to how long it takes to cook.
It is that easy! A dessert worth sharing.
Thank you so much for stopping by to check out my latest recipe and others on my blog.
If you are not already be sure to follow me on Facebook or Instagram for more Slow Cooker deliciousness, and you can register your email in the subscription box below to receive all my recipes as I publish them.