There is something so comforting about this dessert, this is a delicious easy version of Slow Cooker Chocolate Self-Saucing Pudding
I have been making this slow cooker version for years, I love being able to turn it on while I prepare other things and just let the slow cooker do its thing.
Making desserts in the slow cooker is a little different to dinners. With main meals you can turn them on and forget – especially with cuts of meat that need to become tender. With desserts you do need to keep an eye on them, especially the first time you make one.
The reason for this is all slow cookers vary so much, from the size, the age, the temperature and more!
With this recipe I recall the original recipe said to have it on high for 2 1/2 hours, personally in my slow cooker this only took 1 1/2 (a 6L Russell Hobbs). So be sure to check yours after about 1 1/2 hours – you will know it is done once the cake part is cooked – a knife inserted helps you to tell, as does not being able to jiggle the cake bit!
The ingredients are easy pantry basics, if you are a regular baker you will have these things on hand already! They are the same ingredients for my oven baked Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding, and you can find that version here
I love recipes where the techniques are nice and simple, means you can get the kids in the kitchen too if you need! In this case it is a matter of combining the dry ingredients, then adding in the wet. Once you have done that place the mixture into the bowl of your slow cooker and spread gently
Then you sprinkle over the top the second measure of brown sugar and cocoa, this along with the boiling water is the magic that makes the divine chocolate sauce!
Then you pop the lid on and carry on with what you need to get done, you will begin to smell it as it gets closer to being done, but do check regularly after 1 1/2 hours. The cake part is light and moist and the sauce is thick and rich. This is a dessert you will love time and time again – especially as it is so easy!
I would love to know in the comments below what your favourite slow cooker desserts are? I will be sharing more of mine over the coming months. If you love this recipe check in to see more desserts over on my Dessert Page
Onto the recipe, I am sure you will love it! Here is my version of Slow Cooker Chocolate Self-Saucing Pudding
- 1 1/2 Cups Self Raising Flour, 185 grams
- 1 Cup Caster Sugar, 210 grams
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 90 grams Butter, Melted and cooled
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Cup Milk, 250 mls
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar, 180 Grams
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 2 1/2 Cups Boiling Water, 625mls
- Preheat the Slow Cooker for 20 minutes on high
- Grease the Slow Cooker Bowl, or spray with cooking spray
- Boil water in the kettle ready for the 9th step.
- Melt the butter in short bursts in the microwave and set aside
- In a separate bowl add the self raising flour, caster sugar and cocoa and mix well.
- Add to this the butter, milk, beaten egg and vanilla and whisk well to combine
- Spoon this into the bowl of the slow cooker and spread evenly across the bowl
- Combine the brown sugar and second measure of cocoa, then sift this over the base mixture
- Carefully pour the boiling water over this mixture
- Cover with the lid and cook on HIGH for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours until the centre of the cake is firm. All slow cookers will be different
- Once done turn off the slow cooker, serve warm with ice cream
All slow cookers cook differently, the first time making this dessert test the timing.
Thank you so much for stopping by to check out my latest recipe and others on my blog. If you are not already be sure to follow me on Facebook or Instagram for more Slow Cooker deliciousness, and you can register your email in the subscription box below to receive all my recipes as I publish them.
Pin It – Pinterest!