I have wanted to share this delicious idea with you for a while. It is so simple, just a few ingredients and you will have the most delicious tender pulled pork to use in any way you choose. I think you will love this recipe for Easy Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork!
If you have a slow cooker you can make just about any cut of meat tender and moist. And there is minimal effort, the only thing you really need is patience.
Today I have used a lovely Fresh Pork Shoulder from with the bone in. This will do three meals so is a great price or a big family meal cheaply! Often I wander up and down the meat aisle to check out specials, especially on produce I can make a few meals of.
This recipe is for Pulled pork with just a few simple ingredients, onion, garlic, BBQ sauce and pork! So simple and the aroma it gives off while cooking is divine! If you have not made pulled pork before it is shredded slow cooked pork, shredded by hand and added back into its sauce.
Cooked properly this will give you a gorgeous moist and tender meat, with minimal effort – especially using a slow cooker.
Pulled pork can be used in so many ways, I have used it in a simple burger bun today, with a delicious coleslaw, mayo and extra BBQ sauce for even more flavour. The pulled pork is so tender it simply shreds away between two forks. Plus cooking it is easy!
Allow plenty of time, even overnight if you prefer. The way to know it is done is if it doesn’t pull apart easily between two forks leave it for longer.
Just a few ways to use pulled pork
Sliders or Buns
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
So onto the recipe, a few tips I have for you are to allow up to 9-10 hours for it to cook. I broke this down into two parts, I first cooked it for 8 hours (a 1.9kg shoulder with bone in) then carefully took it out of the cooking liquid, removed the bone and fat and then sliced it into fist sized pieces and popped it back into the liquid in the slow cooker for a further two hours.
You know it is cooked once the pork pulls apart easily using just two forks. Remove it from the pot and set it aside while you shred the pork into small strips.
From this point you can then add a little more BBQ sauce or leave it as is, it will be deliciously flavoursome without it!
Do you love cooking in your Slow Cooker – be sure to check out these favourites
Onto the recipe, I cannot wait to hear what you think of this Easy Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork
- 1.5-2kg Pork Shoulder Roast, bone in or out
- 250-350 ml BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 Onion, finely diced
- 2-3 cloves Garlic, finely diced.
- Salt & Pepper
- In your slow cooker place the diced onion and garlic in the base
- Add the pork shoulder and season well with salt & pepper.
- Add the bbq sauce and spread over the whole pork shoulder.
- Close the lid and cook on low for 8 hours
- Carefully remove the pork from the cooking liquid onto a large plate
- Remove any bones and fat from the pork
- The pork is done when it all falls apart easily between two forks.
- At this stage slice the pork into fist sized pieces and return to the slow cooker with cooking liquid for upto a further two hours.
- Again test the pork, it should be so tender it shreds apart easily with two forks.
- Remove from the cooking liquid and completely shred.
- At this point you can choose to add it back to the cooking liquid or remove it and serve it without the extra juices.
- You can use it straight away, or as it makes so much you can freeze portions for other meals in ziplock bags
- To make sliders, to your buns add mayo, bbq sauce, delicious coleslaw, fresh warm pulled pork, serve and enjoy!
Thank you so much for stopping by to check out my latest recipe and others on my blog. If you are not already be sure to follow me on Facebook or Instagram for more Slow Cooker deliciousness, and you can register your email in the subscription box below to receive all my recipes as I publish them.
This recipe was originally posted over on Just A Mum – be sure to check out all the delicious recipes over there, shared with permission.